Pet sitter services Byron Bay: Fur and Foliage offers a complete pet sitting, pet minding, feeding, private pet sitting services and garden maintenance in Byron Bay, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby, Ewingsdale, Myocum, Bangalow, Brunswick Heads, Newrybar, New Brighton, Suffolk Park, Broken Head, Ballina, Murwillumbah and surrounding areas.
Terms & Conditions
Terms, Conditions and Agreements
I, the Client, understand the Terms and Conditions of engagement for fur & foliage is available at www.fur&foliage. Further to this, I have read the following T’s&C’s and agree to the following
Liability Policies (NB: Public Liability Insurance is part of PSA standard operating practices):
fur & foliage agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives any and all claims against fur & foliage, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of fur & foliage. Client agrees to notify fur & foliage of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
fur & foliage shall not be held responsible for pets that bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty fencing or from inside the home due to faulty screens, doors, etc.
fur & foliage shall not be held responsible for any complications pets may suffer or actions of pets while they are unattended.
fur & foliage shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed fur & foliage to allow outside while a staff member is not there.
This includes pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets. fur & foliage reserves the right to move an outdoor pet to shelter in the event of extreme temperatures/weather. fur & foliage is not responsible for damages/costs involved with this move.
- The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on appropriate flea treatments, vaccinations and medications. Client agrees to reimburse fur & foliage for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care and lost wages) associated with contracting any ailments while exposed to pet(s).
- All pets with electronic fences must wear their collars with fresh batteries (replaced prior to pet sitting engagement commencement.
- fur & foliage is not responsible for any animals that get out or inside of perimeter.
- fur & foliage will not sit for acutely ill animals or those with uncontrolled medical conditions. We suggest the pet be boarded with a vet.
- fur & foliage does not accept aggressive animals. Client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, legal fees, etc) if client’s pet should bite another person or animal.
- fur & foliage will not walk unruly or untrained dogs or dogs that choke themselves on their leash. All pets must be walked on a leash; no exceptions whilst under PSA care to ensure the safety of the pet, the carer and others in the vicinity.
- fur & foliage does not diagnose, provide prognoses, or make therapy decisions, nor does fur & foliage offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian. However we will advise when and if we identify a possible problem to the best of our abilities.
Client authorises fur & foliage to obtain the services of a locksmith should a key/garage opener malfunction. Client is responsible for all related charges.
‘Job sharing’ for other carers/providers that may visit your home or pet is not covered under our insurance. We can only be responsible for your pet or home during our contracted services/activities.
1. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received no later than 48 hours prior to a scheduled visit or a cancellation fee of $25 excluding GST will apply. fur & foliage reserves the right to deny service or terminate service if job differs from original consult or if the job poses safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations for any of our carers.
2. Business Hours: Business hours are between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and visiting hours fall between the hours of 7am and 6pm Monday – Sunday and services are usually completed during this time. fur & foliage will not accept time specific calls as we cannot guarantee specific times accurately. A three hour window of services performance is targetted. (i.e. 6am – 9am, 9am to 12noon, 12 noon to 3pm, 3pm to 6pm
Client agrees to authorize fur & foliage to handle any emergencies that may arise. fur & foliage will make every effort to contact the client, howeverclient gives fur & foliage authority to act in the pet’s/home’s best interest and be available at an hourly rate of $40 excluding GST. fur & foliage requires you to have a responsible party to take care of your pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as illness and in the event of inclement weather or a natural disaster. It is best your emergency contact is a neighbour so they can reach your home. fur & foliage is not responsible for pets in these circumstances or outside visiting hours.
5. Payment Arrangement:
Full Payment is required before services are rendered for pet minding and house sitting. Weekly payments for walking/playing and garden maintenance. In the event of additional unforeseen visits or other costs (such as food, supplies, vet fees, etc.). Full payment of these items is expected within 5 days of your return or an additional late charge of $50 excluding GST will be applied.
Policies and Procedures:
*Visits last for approx time periods indicated in the price guideline – however – there may be times when a pet is cautious, shy, aggressive or ‘just not feeling the groove of being visited’. Under those types of situations we do not push ourselves on your loved ones as this may cause them extra stress, or could put our sitters at risk of attack.
Of course – in these circumstances, we will assess the pet for signs of injury or illness – if it is suspected to a behavioural cause only, we will then follow an appropriate schedule of services of care as expected such as leaving food, water and clean litter trays as well as performing our free agreed services but will not spend time approaching and petting/cuddling your pet.
- Pets must be on a flea and tick prevention program during attendance.
- Vaccinations: All cats and dogs must have current vaccinations. Owners must provide written proof (provided by all vets) that their cats have at least current F3 vaccinations and dogs have current C5 vaccinations.
- Fish feeding service is for ‘dry flake’ type food for basic goldfish or tropical fish in a basic bowl or aquarium. Multiple aquariums or saltwater tanks or more complicated feeding or care may necessitate a fee or revised fee. We can discuss this at initial consultation.
- Bird feeding service is for small ‘domestic’ type birds such as a budgies or canaries with basic seed food requirements only.
- Plant watering service provided up to 5 plants. More than this, or a complicated watering schedule, may necessitate a fee or revised fee. We can discuss this at initial consultation.
- Behaviour/ Aggressive animals: If an animal represents a danger to a handler during a service call, then service may be suspended. We will attempt contact with the owner of the animal(s) as quickly as possible.
- Dog Walking service, all dogs must be older than 4 months of age, fully vaccinated and registered with the appropriate council. They must be compatible with other dogs. Should your dog show any aggression towards the handler or other dogs the dog will be taken straight home and their walking will be reassessed with you. Dogs will not be allowed off the leash.